Ohio Continuing Education COURSE
Marijuana in Real Estate
Marijuana: not a topic you might have ever thought you’d see in connection with your professional real estate career. No matter where you stand on the legalization issue, the issue has spread to day-to-day real estate activities, whether working with buyers, sellers, tenants, or landlords in the residential and/or commercial real estate market. It impacts purchasing, leasing, selling, and financing real estate.
This three-hour course reviews key legislation related to marijuana, where the legal controversies exist, case studies, and the potential implications for real estate—including financing issues buyers who are employed in the marijuana industry, and credit and payroll concerns for owners of marijuana-based businesses.
Course highlights include:
- The conflict between federal and state marijuana laws
- Trends in marijuana law
- The environmental and legal impact of marijuana cultivation on a property
- Issues in property management, and seller and buyer representation, and financing
- Issues related to commercial properties, condominiums, and HOAs
- Activities and examples to enable real-world application of presented material